Large griddle pancake
Large griddle pancake is known as muurinpohjanlettu, muurinlettu, or muurikkanlettu in Finnish. It's a large, thin and lacy crepes cooked outdoor in a large flat pan that resembles a paella pan. The griddle pan of thin steel is called Muurikka, which is actually a brand name. The delicacy is a traditional Finnish favourite dish from children to adults.
About 10 dish / 1-1.5 hours
1/2 l lactose free milk
2 tbs melted butter
1 tbs sugar
2 1/2 dl wheat flour
Toppings: jam, sugar, berries, whipped cream
1. Mix the eggs and milk. Gradually add sugar, wheat flour and melted butter while stirring constantly. The thinner the dough, the better the result is.
2. Leave the dough to stand for 30 minutes to an hour.
3. Heat the pan with butter
4. Pour the dough as thin as possible
5. Turn the baked pancake from one side to another.
6. Grease and repeat steps 3-5.
5. Serve with toppings of your choosing.
The pancake is also great with fresh blueberries or strawberries picked from the forest.