Put your graduation hat on, celebrate your success and give a sweet flavour to your party with these 'graduation hats'!
chocolate covered biscuits, rectangular shape
200-250 grams chocolate chips, or chocolate bar chopped into small pieces
1/2 cup peanut butter/almond butter/favorite seed butter (optional)
1. For this easy and quick recipe, you should have 6-7 mini-muffin-cups ready; multiply the ingredients by 10 or more if you need to a larger number for the party. Mini-muffin-cups are easy to find in shops; there are various types such as paper muffins or silicon muffins to buy. If you need a large number, perhaps it is more convenient to buy paper ones. Put the muffin forms into a tray so that you can then carry them easily and place them into the fridge.
2. Melt the chocolate chips/chocolate bar in the microwave or over the heat on the stove. If using stove and a pot to melt the chocolate, make sure to stir continuously so that it does not stick or burn. You could also use double cooking pot: heat the water in one pot and melt the chocolate chips/bar in another pot until smooth.
3. Use a spoon to divide half of the melted chocolate into your muffin molds equally. Spread the melted chocolate well on the bottom and up to the sides of the muffin forms. If the chocolate slides down, continue to spread it to the sides until little by little becomes harder and starts to stick to the sides of the muffin molds.
4. Transfer the tray of muffins into the fridge and leave for 10-15 minutes until solid.
5. Divide the peanut butter/favorite seed butter (if using) into your muffin forms and spread evenly and nicely using a spoon.
6. Cover the surface with the rest of the melted chocolate. If not using any seed butter/paste, just cover the whole muffin forms with the melted chocolate.
7. Transfer the tray into the fridge for another 10-15 minutes until it has solidified well.
8. Remove the solid chocolate cups from the wrap papers/molds.
9. Turn the cups upside down.
10. Now it's time to complete the hat shape and attach the chocolate-covered biscuits on top of the cups. Use a bit of peanut butter or melted chocolate to spread on top of the cups and the biscuits would stick easily.
11. For the tassel (decorative cord of the hat), cut a piece of your fruit roll into the shape of a cord by using the scissors or a knife (some fruit rolls are already in the shape of a cord).
12. Attach the tassel to the biscuits by using the same melted chocolate.
*If you don't find the chocolate-covered biscuits or rectangular-shaped biscuits, you could do it yourself. Buy any biscuits you like, cut it carefully to the rectangular shape so that the biscuits don't break. Melt the chocolate and cover the biscuits' surface with it, put it in the fridge to harden and then attach them to the cups as instructed in the recipe.
*If you don't want to use so much melted chocolate or peanut butter/seed butter, you can do this instead: choose favorite cookies, crush them to almost powder shape, melt some smaller amount of chocolate, mix it with crushed cookies, add some coconut flakes or toasted-hazelnut crushed for extra flavour, mix well, transfer to the mini-muffin-cups and follow rest of the recipe.
*Decorate your plate of sweet 'hats' with some fresh strawberries around, they go well together and it adds a nice finishing touch to the platter.